Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Oh Happy Day #27!

8/27 - Alforno's!!!
At the risk of showing my true fat girl colours, I will blog about food for the second day in a row. But not just any food. Really, REALLY good Italian food. Hearty peasant food from one of the world's most yummy country.

My family is German. Very German. So German that I could be the Aryan poster child. I'm not a huge fan of the food though. My Mommy has always said she's pretty sure she got someone else's child. She's positive I'm some sort of hybrid of Italian & Chinese since I never tire of either of those kinds of food.

This place definitely feeds half of that need. And feeds it quite well. My favorite dish is Chicken Sorrentino. Chicken breasts sauteed with mushrooms & garlic then baked with eggplant & mozzarella on top. Add in handmade garlic knots and a gorgeous salad with their house dressing that is actually tomato-based and I'm in heaven. The brother finds his own heaven in a large bowl of Gnocchi Bolognese.

We found this lovely place when we still lived in Lewisville. It's actually in Flower Mound. Which makes it a bit of a drive from our new place. Tonight for the first time since we moved, we made the trek. It tasted so yummy that I might have walked if I had to. Maybe. :P

They have fabulous cannoli too. The only problem is that I'm usually so stuffed that I can't even think about ordering it. I've had it once and it was simply divine. One of the best parts of eating here is that the meal is almost carb free. Except for the garlic knots. And providing I don't order the cannoli again. :P




What hunger did you satisfy today?

1 comment:

Cormac Brown said...

Dang, everytime I pop in here, I get hungry!

Oh, and how can you not love German food? German food is supposed to be especially good in Texas.