Monday, November 21, 2005

Modus Operandi

I've owned my car for nearly two and a half years now. She's not much, but she's mine. Her name is Tori and she's spiffy. Yup, I said spiffy.

She's a "future fuel vehicle" which means she can run on ethanol. Not that a city girl like me has a clue where you find that. I won't even stop at a gas pump without a debit/credit card reader.

The reason I mention Tori is that today I have to take her to a local dealership for some recall repairs. I'll have to drop her off and she'll stay all day. And I have to admit that I'm not entirely comfortable with that. She had a few major repairs months ago and was away from me for a week. And although that bothered me it was overshadowed by the stress of the whole ordeal.

So I'm feeling a bit like I'm dropping her off at her first day of school. I know it's silly and a car could never mean as much to me as a child. Yet here I am, worried. Silly, huh?

Well I'd better run. I've got to leave early to drop Tori off. I hope she doesn't pout. :P

No comments: