Monday, July 12, 2010

Guilty Secret...

Years ago, I signed up & made an avatar on IMVU. We are talking about 2006 which isn't that long after it started. I didn't stay around long. I began to wonder why there were so many guys hitting on a cartoon character with a bobble head & didn't see the point.

Fast foward a couple of years. My sister asks me one day if I've ever heard of IMVU. So I pull out the scary cartoon avi and go hang out with my sister online. Things have changed. A lot. I'm the only bobble head in the room. My two default outfits weren't going to cut it.

Since then I've signed on when I could & enjoyed spending time with my sister. Makes the distance between us feel a lot less than it really is. I also get to talk to some nice people from time to time. Even made a few friends.

Recently, I haven't been able to update my IMVU for the last few months. It keeps telling me that my download failed. I wouldn't really mind much, but all the pictures for my inventory are blank. It's like getting dressed in the damn dark. Or like playing outfit roulette. Yeah it's all fun & games until you end up wearing some freaky club hair a clueless guy gave you, a fairy princess gown, & the default IMVU sneakers.

Next thing you know the fashion police are busting down the door to your default IMVU penthouse with the cheap Japanese water fountain & bridge and they've entered you into the Outfit Challenge. You're 594th out of 535 entries. I'm still in therapy. I might sue.

I should probably take some time away from IMVU. Like maybe starting right now since it’s nearly midnight & I have to work tomorrow. :P


2 comments:

WendyDarling said...

I have never heard of this, but it doesn't sound like "my thing." ;-)

Kwizgiver said...

I'm with Wendy, not for me.

PS--I'm tagging you for a music meme:
what if this is as good as it gets?: five & ten