Thursday, November 11, 2010

Books, Books, Books......

Stolen from Kwizgiver who boosted from Bev.

Hardcover or paperback, and why?
I have to choose?! Usually it’s paperback because it’s cheaper & that’s important when your book addiction is as bad as mine. Although for some authors I can’t wait until the paperback comes out so I’ll get on the waiting list at the library hoping to hold out until it’s my turn before I surrender & pop for the hardcover. I usually don’t make it. Thanks to my fabulous birthday gift from my loving brother, these days it’s mostly e-books. I still have to buy a book every now & then though. Did I mention that I’m addicted to them?



My favorite quote from a book is...
"The world will give you that once in a while, a brief time-out; the boxing bell rings and you go to your corner, where somebody dabs mercy on your beat-up life." From THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES by Sue Monk Kidd



The author (alive or dead) I would love to have lunch with would be...
I’m going to cheat & answer this twice. Dead would probably be Jane Austen. Alive would have to be Laurell K. Hamilton. Although I’m sure I would make quite a fool out of myself or sit there nervously & never utter a word.



The smell of an old book reminds me of...
happiness & contentment.



If I could be the lead character in a book, it would be...
probably Anita Blake from Laurell K. Hamilton’s vampire series. She’s gorgeous & kicks some major ass.



The most overestimated book of all time is...
THE SCARLET LETTER. I hope this book is no longer required reading & if it is I’m glad I don’t have kids in the school system.



I hate it when a book...
has an ending that not only isn’t plausible, but has nothing really to do with the rest of the story.

3 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

I loved the Scarlet Letter. I was *that* nerd at school.

Kwizgiver said...

What was your brother's birthday gift to you??

virginiaRocks said...

Actually,Kairi is one of my favorite characters from a game called Kingdom Hearts.So I guess memory!