Thursday, May 11, 2006

vertigo

installed a new lock on my heart today
not to keep someone out
but to keep something in
feels like the flood gates will burst
then i'll cry myself to pieces
my life looks like it was painted
by salvador dali
confusion reigns supreme

even when i think with my head
not my wounded heart
so out, out dark spot
my heart and soul you cannot have
blessed sleep is more than fleeting
almost as rare as happiness
and the lack there of
leaves me babbling
stringing incoherent words together
launching them into cyberspace
waiting for their echo to reply
i can't remember the last time

what i wrote made any sense
or had any meaning
worth taking time to learn
it's artistic if it's vague
tragic and self-absorbed
no one buys it if it's less
than a poet bleeding upon the page



Vertigo, 1930
by Salvador Dali


3 comments:

SweetestT said...

This was very profound. I had to read it a couple of times.

Princess LadyBug said...

Not profound, just random. :P

Wendy said...

I love the opening to this poem.